I am so angry with my hands and brain. I cannot draw Vejiita from memory anymore and barely from a reference. I have currently lost what little ground I had on the charas and I am not happy about it. All those hours of study gone and now I have to start from scratch again. Fuck... I discovered this when I was at an oekaki board practicing (gearing up for November!) and just could not get Vejiita's head and face right. For some reason the chest and shoulder muscles references have remained but I have lost all the neck detail as well. Jeeze Louise! What a pisser! Just hope it comes back quickly.
I had an idea for a silly halloween pic I will probably have to trash now because my skills are shot to hell. I had wanted to do something for the website main page as something new and different. Then, after reading Talon's blurb and checking out the Hentai Institute (that great V&Gh pic is gone, wah!) I even considered putting it in the contest just for grins. Oh well, that's not going to happen now. *glares at fingers, kicks brain*
Teaching and Grading
Looks like I will be still involved in the class even after I stop officially teaching it. I am behind on grading because looking at bits of html is REALLY tedious and the download from a modem is worse than tedious (need to have the files on my hard drive in case the server is down). The students have particular requirements to meet and so I have to not only look at the html page in a browser but I also have to look at the code itself to see if the "behind-the-scenes" requirements have been met - things like meta tags, comment tags and the like. I have only gotten about 1/4th of the student files done on one assignment and I still have one more assignment, the three sections of the midterm (the last section has not been turned in yet) and the still-to-be-assigned html quiz to grade. Looks like I won't be drawing for a while still. Again, fuck. At least I will not be spending six extra hours each week at work anymore. I hope to actually get some grading done here today, like I have planned all week but haven't, haha....
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*